Thursday, March 20, 2008

Canon SD850IS and Win2k3 do not work together

I have recently started using Windows 2003 Server, to avoid having to upgrade to Vista. After installing the drivers and applications for my Canon camera, I get the following error on each bootup:

The Canon Camera Access Library 8 service depends on the following nonexistent service: SSDPSRV

Using regedit I searched for SSDPSRV, and removed this dependency (see thread that suggested this) so that the Camera Access Library would load, but apparently it really does depend on SSDPSRV, or there is another incompatibility with Win2k3. Turning on the camera does load the Windows Image acquisition manager (after I enabled that service), but does not load the Canon tool for downloading images.

UPDATE: there is a workaround.

No comments: